Natural Capital is increasingly important for businesses as they seek to manage resource, climate, reputational and ESG challenges, as well as the wider environmental challenges around regulation & compliance, biodiversity net gain and environmental net gain.
Understanding natural capital and ecosystem service impacts and developing a positive approach to natural capital is increasingly important as businesses seek to position themselves to manage the growing range of environmental issues.
Benefits of a Natural Capital approach
A Natural Capital approach can be used to influence all aspects of business strategy and decision making:
- Manages supply chain and value chain risk
- Maintain and enhance reputation
- Drives behaviours
- More engaged workforce
- Better relations with shareholders and regulators
- Business cost savings as well as opportunities
How can we help?
SLR works with organisations to help them understand their environmental impacts, reduce these, and identify opportunities to move towards a positive environmental impact.
We have expertise across all areas of sustainability, environmental impacts, climate change, ecology and biodiversity.
SLR supports organisations in using a Natural Capital approach to understand risks and opportunities.
Natural Capital Services:
- Natural capital strategy
- Natural capital baseline assessments
- Natural capital/ biodiversity training
- Natural capital accounting
- Biodiversity planning
- Ecosystem services assessments
- Habitat planning and monitoring
- Stakeholder engagement
- Environmental impacts and dependencies register
- Environmental improvement action plans
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental performance metrics and monitoring