Melbourne Metro early works
- Client Name
- John Holland Group
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Acoustics & vibration
- Air quality
- Construction services
The $10.9 billion Melbourne Metro Tunnel will deliver twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden, Parkville, CBD North, CBD South & Domain. The Metro Tunnel Early Works package includes:
- The relocation of power, drainage, gas, water, sewer and telecommunications services to clear the alignment prior to the Main Works commencing in 2018.
- The construction of two access shafts in Franklin Street & A’Beckett Street to enable future construction of the stations.
- Major site preparation works including land clearing, property demolition, temporary relocation of monuments & tree protection & removal across all precincts.
Our team undertook the following:
- Prediction & monitoring of construction activities against the project’s environmental performance requirements
- Identification of key impacts to the specific needs of stakeholders
- Assisting the project as the technical specialist advisor during stakeholder & regulator consultation
- Evaluate & recommend practical & cost effective mitigation measures
- Noise, vibration, air quality predictions & impact assessment of all early works activities in all seven precincts
- Building dynamics testing
- Comprehensive construction noise & vibration monitoring programme
- Monitoring, data analysis & interpretation
- Complaint investigation
- Mitigation design and advice
- Stakeholder meetings & expert representation
- Noise expert secondment to construction team.
- Developed & coordinated a comprehensive remote monitoring system
- Developed a unique modelling methodology that is both technically comprehensive and flexible to provide efficient examination of construction options
- Facilitated the successful delivery of a highly complex and fluid construction programme within the framework of challenging environmental performance requirements.