SLR provides world-leading advisory, environmental, and engineering consulting services to address the unique challenges faced by the mining and minerals industry.
Our client-focused approach integrates across world class technical capabilities and through each phase of the mining lifecycle, from the initial stages of resource and reserve definition, valuation, finance support, development, operations, through to mine closure and reclamation. ESG is a central theme through every stage of a mineral resource lifecycle.
How can we help?
SLR has decades of successful experience advising clients at every stage of the mining life-cycle:
- Available land and resources
- Exploration and resource definition
- Project technical and financial feasibility assessments
- Environmental and social assessments and approvals
- Construction and commissioning
- Operation and expansion
- Performance monitoring and reporting
- Reclamation and monitoring
- Closure and aftercare
Our expertise also stretches across the full range of commodities:
- Base Metals (Copper, Zinc, Nickel)
- Construction, Industrial & Agricultural Minerals (aggregates, cement, salt, potash, mineral sands)
- Fuel Minerals (Coal, Uranium, Lithium)
- Other Metals (Bulk: Iron, Alumina, Bauxite)
- Precious Metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum)
- Rare Earth Elements & Gems
Our clients include:
- Major global mining companies, such as BHP Billiton, Glencore and Vale
- Commodity specialists, such as Newmont, Barrick Gold and Peabody
- Aggregate and building materials companies, such as Lafarge Holcim, CRH and Heidelberg Group
- Banks, investors and advisors to the mining and minerals sector.
Our team includes
Mining & Minerals Global Sector Leader
David is a Technical Director and responsible for SLR’s Global Mining & Minerals business. He has over 30 years’ experience within the Mining and Minerals sector, both in a senior management position and as an experienced consultant. David has a broad background in engineering, geology, geotechnical engineering and hydrogeology. He takes an integrated engineering and environmental approach to mining projects.
Mining & Minerals Sector Leader - US
Mining & Minerals Sector Leader - Canada
Stephan is a Managing Principal and Mining Sector lead for the Canadian operations. He has provided engineering and environmental services for over 22 years for mining and other projects in over 25 countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. His experience includes work with prefeasibility and feasibility studies, closure and remediation planning, EPCM, site construction, Environmental Assessments (EAs), management plans, environmental permitting and stakeholder consultation.
Mining & Minerals Sector Leader - Europe
Tim is a chartered engineer and chartered mineral surveyor with over 30 years’ experience in providing strategic development advice; mineral reserve assessment and valuation; mine/quarry planning; permitting & EIA; extractive waste management; mine & quarry closure; independent peer review; and transactional due diligence services for mining and minerals assets in Europe and internationally. He is an advisor to a number of construction materials; industrial minerals & metalliferous mining companies.
Dr Chris Meikle
Technical Discipline Manager
Chris is a Chartered Engineering Geologist (CGeol) with over 15 years’ experience in research and engineering practice, predominantly servicing the mining and civil infrastructure sectors, working on complex research, analytical, design and construction-based projects. He has worked on a diverse range of projects across, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Indonesia and Australasia.
Mining & Minerals Sector Leader - Africa
Steve has worked in the mining sector of the consulting industry for 35 years. Steve is a Professional Consulting engineer, specialising in all areas relevant to life cycle mine waste management encompassing tailings and waste engineering, water management and dam engineering, heap leach engineering, closure planning, risk assessment, and due diligence/auditing.