SLR provides world-leading advisory, environmental, and engineering consulting services to address the unique challenges faced by the mining and minerals industry.
Our client-focused approach integrates across world class technical capabilities and through each phase of the mining lifecycle, from the initial stages of resource and reserve definition, valuation, finance support, development, operations, through to mine closure and reclamation. ESG is a central theme through every stage of a mineral resource lifecycle.
How can we help?
SLR has decades of successful experience advising clients at every stage of the mining life-cycle:
- Available land and resources
- Exploration and resource definition
- Project technical and financial feasibility assessments
- Environmental and social assessments and approvals
- Construction and commissioning
- Operation and expansion
- Performance monitoring and reporting
- Reclamation and monitoring
- Closure and aftercare
Our expertise also stretches across the full range of commodities:
- Base Metals (Copper, Zinc, Nickel)
- Construction, Industrial & Agricultural Minerals (aggregates, cement, salt, potash, mineral sands)
- Fuel Minerals (Coal, Uranium, Lithium)
- Other Metals (Bulk: Iron, Alumina, Bauxite)
- Precious Metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum)
- Rare Earth Elements & Gems
Our clients include:
- Major global mining companies, such as BHP Billiton, Glencore and Vale
- Commodity specialists, such as Newmont, Barrick Gold and Peabody
- Aggregate and building materials companies, such as Lafarge Holcim, CRH and Heidelberg Group
- Banks, investors and advisors to the mining and minerals sector.
Mining & Minerals Global Sector Leader
David is a Technical Director and responsible for SLR’s Global Mining & Minerals business. He has over 30 years’ experience within the Mining and Minerals sector, both in a senior management position and as an experienced consultant. David has a broad background in engineering, geology, geotechnical engineering and hydrogeology. He takes an integrated engineering and environmental approach to mining projects.
Mining & Minerals Sector Leader - US