Toxicology consulting is the practice of evaluating the potential for chemical exposures to affect human and environmental health and welfare.
SLR professionals identify, acquire, and utilise the most up-to-date scientific information to assess intrinsic hazards of chemicals, exposures to these chemicals, and their corresponding risk to the public workers, and the environment.
How can we help?
SLR's core services for risk assessment and (eco) toxicology include:
- Detailed knowledge of current regulations, guidance, and underlying science.
- Clear understanding of our client’s goals and tailoring a scope to meet them.
- Conducting agency interaction and negotiation.
- Providing robust, pragmatic, and technically defensible human health and ecological risk assessment affording cost effective solutions.
- Development and/or assessment of health-based guidelines for chemicals
- Litigation support in toxicological matters.
- Hazardous substance and dangerous goods classification for mining concentrates, coal, and other related products.
Dr Mark Stelljes
Director of Risk Assessment and Toxicology
Mark Stelljes has 30 years of experience in risk assessment consulting, as well as another seven years of experience in the fields of pharmacology, toxicology, zoology, and ecology. This experience has included managing, directing, and conducting human health and ecological risk assessments for a variety of private and government clients in North America for projects ranging from dry cleaners to military facilities and mine sites.
Dr Jeff Peterson
Jeff Peterson has over 27 years of experience managing projects that assess risks hazardous substances may pose to human health and the environment. He also provides clients and project managers with strategic and regulatory guidance. His areas of specialty include ecology, toxicology, and statistics. Jeff has performed over one hundred risk assessments for numerous facilities, including oilfields, landfills, airports, and a diverse array of industrial sites. On behalf of private companies and municipalities, he has negotiated favorable outcomes with a variety of state and federal regulatory agencies.