SLR’s expertise in spill response services encompasses a diverse number of industries, and challenges, while maintaining a focus on minimising environmental impacts.
SLR is committed to developing frameworks to aid in the prevention, preparedness, and rsponse of spills. In the event of a spill, SLR’s subject matter experts can create and implement assessment and remediation plans to meet the clients’ objectives and regulatory requirements.
Throughout the globe SLR has a proven track record of preparing spill prevention, contingency, emergency/spill response plans for the oil and gas, transportation, petrochemical, and chemical industries.
SLR works closely with clients, and regulatory bodies to develop and implement programs which prevent, minimise, control, and remediate spills to protect the environment.
How can we help?
- Prevention training development & implementation
- Spill Response drill coordination/facilitation & support services
- Contaminant plume modelling & response scenario development
- Regulatory compliance reviews
- Shoreline clean up assessment team (SCAT)
- Incident Command System (ICS) & incident management team (IMT) support
- Emergency permit and approval applications
- Support during stakeholder and regulatory engagement
- Technical writing, editing, graphics creation, formatting & document production
- Geographical Information System (GIS) services
- Data management
- Development and Implementation of response plans, including site assessment, remediation and restoration.
SLR naturally approaches projects from a multidisciplinary perspective and we make it a priority to work with Hydrogeologists, Risk Assessors, Engineers, and Environmental Professionals to provide clients with a full-service experience. As a result, SLR is able to deliver practical solutions that stand alone or complement other project technical elements.
Compliance Group Manager
Robert Klieforth is an Environmental Compliance Manager with experience in project management, oil spill response planning, environmental permitting, geographic information systems (GIS), and contaminated site characterization. Mr. Klieforth specializes in oil spill prevention and response planning and Incident management Team support. He has specific expertise in the preparation of oil discharge prevention and contingency plans for several Alaska offshore and onshore projects.
Ms. Miner has over 20 years of experience as an environmental consultant. Ms. Miner is committed to oil discharge prevention and oil discharge response preparedness as a result of her experience as a regulator of Alaska’s oil exploration and production facilities, refineries, and pipelines. She has multifaceted experience in all stages of preparation and review of oil discharge prevention, contingency, spill response and facility response plans.