Various Road Upgrades
- Client Name
- Logan City Council
- Logan, Queensland, Australia
- Civil & structural engineering
- Transportation engineering
Logan City Council needed to understand the land acquisition requirements of the project, to ensure that current and future development approvals would maintain a road corridor to enable the upgrade of the Bumstead, Green and Baybliss roads.
The project objectives incududed:
- Preliminary design undertaken in accordance with Austroads and local Council standards
- Upgrade designs for 28 road intersections to achieve capacity and safety requirements in accordance with revised traffic modelling by SLR
- Prepare land acquisition plans to accommodate the road upgrades, working within existing property and asset constraints at many locations
- Services review of existing and proposed infrastructure, to confirm new road alignment and verges to provide adequate width for future services and minimise impact on existing services
- Design culvert crossing for creeks passing under the road alignment, based on updated flood modelling by SLR
Our team managed the project, integrating design inputs from activities such as; transport modelling, environmental surveys (ecology and heritage), flood modelling at creek crossings, survey, public utilities and services – all feeding into the preliminary road design. Delivered preliminary design packages for 3 road upgrades for Council, including horizontal and vertical geometry, services relocation plans and property acquisition plans.
SLR was able to optimise retention of existing property boundaries, kerblines and services to reduce the future construction project costs.