Silverdale Road Corridor - Concept Design Development Stages 2 to 4
- Client Name
- Wollondilly Shire Council
- Silverdale and Wallacia, New South Wales, Australia
- Transportation engineering
SLR assisted Wollondilly Shire Council (WSC) with client-side project management and peer review services in relation to the planned upgrade of Silverdale Road between Taylors Road, Silverdale and Mulgoa Road, Wallacia.
This work follows on from SLR’s involvement with WSC’s successful funding application through the Western Sydney Infrastructure Program. By supplementing Council’s project management and technical resources, SLR is able to extract maximum value from third-party consultants by managing program and commercials and helping to deliver robust concept designs and supporting technical documentation.
Our team provided the following services:
- Assisting with procurement of design and other technical services
- Project management of design consultants and their sub-contractors, including variation reviews and program management
- Stakeholder engagement, including State Government and neighbouring Local Government agencies
- Councillor and Executive briefing sessions
- Robust peer review of engineering drawings and technical reports
SLR also provides Council with technical expertise in the fields of civil design, traffic engineering, geotechnics and environmental assessment which ensures the quality of project deliverables. In addition, a key role of our senior project managers is to facilitate effective and timely stakeholder engagement. This has included major design workshops, presentations to Council’s Executive Leadership Team and engagement with State and Local Government agencies.