2444 Hurontario: Pedestrian Wind Assessment & Acoustic Feasibility Study
- Client Name
- P&S Ramlochan Property Inc.
- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
P&S Ramlochan Property Inc. required a quantitative Pedestrian Wind Tunnel Study for their combined Official Plan Amendment (OPA), Zoning Bylaw Amendment (ZBA), and Site Plan Approval (SPA) application.
SLR was retained to conduct a quantitative pedestrian wind study for the proposed development at 2444 Hurontario Street in Mississauga, Ontario. The analysis of pedestrian wind comfort is a requirement for all new developments in the City of Toronto that are taller than 20 m.
Our involvement included:
- Construct a physical 1:400 scale model of the site and surroundings.
- Conduct wind tunnel tests for two configurations at the Alan G. Davenport Wind Engineering Group Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel Laboratory at Western University.
- Determine pedestrian wind conditions on and surrounding the site, based on an established criterion.
- Liaise with the design team to determine practical and effective wind mitigation measures, where necessary.
- Provide a detailed pedestrian wind comfort report for the planning submission.