Cracow Gold Mine design, operation and closure
- Client Name
- (Aeris) Lion Mining Pty Ltd
- Central Queensland, Australia
SLR has been engaged the Engineer of Record (EoR) since 2020, for the various Tailing Storage Facilities (TSF’s) at the Cracow Gold Mine (CRO) in Central Queensland. This role required us to assist with tailings risk management, provide design continuity, ongoing technical support with respect to dam safety and compliance and to ensure CRO management that the performance of the TSF’s are within design expectations.
As EoR, SLR provides technical guidance and advice relating to the safety of each TSF, verified that the design, construction, and facility performance complies with acceptable practice and regulations, statues, guidelines, codes and standards.
SLR undertook the following scope of works:
- Gap analysis
- Dam management documentations
- The capping design of recent and historic TSFs, including options assessments and the design of trial pads for cover systems
- Landform design for closure of the new TSF was considered when designing the new TSF
- Hydrogeological and hydrogeochemical studies of
- Assistance with dam operating procedures to optimise operational management
- Annual assessments of all regulated structures
- Annual dam safety reporting
- Inspection reporting
- Monthly cursory review of TSF’s
- Mentoring of on-site responsible people in TSF operation and maintenance
- Provision of training for operational personnel.