SLR provides environmental, scientific and engineering design services to government and private clients across the transportation, water and waste management, and government/public work sectors.
We support assessment and operational phases, develop conceptual and detailed designs and bid documents, and provide construction inspection for infrastructure projects involving:
- Highways, Bridges and Culverts
- Multi-Modal Corridors & Signal Systems
- Railways and Transit Systems
- Shipping and Ports
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Water and Sewerage Facilities
- Energy Generation and Transmission
- Communications Networks
- Healthcare Facilities, Universities, and Civic Buildings
- Defence Facilities
SLR’s expertise and capabilities assist clients in relation to:
- Design monitoring and management
- Environmental assessment
- Resiliency studies and asset protection
- Planning and regulatory approvals
- Site optimization and route selection
- Final design and bid documents
- Utility coordination and design
- Right-of-Way coordination
- Stakeholder engagement and public outreach
- Construction phase engineering and inspection
A selection of clients across SLR’s global Infrastructure business sector includes:
- BAM Construction
- National Grid (UK)
- State Departments of Transportation
- Transit agencies
- SITA Suez
- Veolia Environmental Services
- Public Works Government Services Canada
- Oregon Department of Transport
- Sydney Airport Corporation Limited
- BC Ministry of Transportation
- Redevelopment agencies
Infrastructure Design & Engineering
SLR’s industry experienced technical experts provide design and engineering support to infrastructure and environmental systems during process changes and capital improvement projects. Our services include:
- Project Development Support: we work closely with our clients to design energy, waste and water projects that take into account a whole-of-life cycle approach. Maintenance and operational characteristics are optimised along with the capital costs.
- Feasibility Studies: SLR works with clients to assure that considered process changes are feasible with respect to near term and long term environmental permitting requirements.
- Wastewater Engineering: SLR provides support in the design, construct, and operation of process wastewater systems and system upgrades.
- Civil Engineering, Pollution Control and Architecture Evaluation: SLR provides technical support in the physical expansion or decommissioning of facilities which includes review and selection of pollution control technologies and equipment.
- Experienced team with diverse experience with a wide range of industries including petroleum refining, oil exploration, environmental contracting, energy, forest products, chemicals, processing contracting and general manufacturing as well as former environmental regulators.
- Matching Project Objectives with Business Objectives: SLR assures that clients’ business drivers and objectives such as such as cash flow management and critical production times are integrated into the project strategy to minimize adverse impact to facility operations.
- Full Life-Cycle Services: SLR provides support from initial planning of capital improvement projects through design and construct.
- Transportation Engineering: SLR conducts planning and corridor studies; performs alternatives assessments; develops final design and bid documents; and provides construction inspection for highways, bridges, signal systems, multi-modal corridors and pedestrian facilities. Our team navigates state and federal requirements to deliver sustainable transportation solutions that are sensitive to each client’s needs and every community’s expectations.
Our team includes
Anthony Ciriello Jr
Infrastructure Sector Leader - US
With more than 25 years of experience, Anthony effectively integrates planning, engineering and environmental science for repeated success on public transportation, utility and defense projects. He draws upon niche strengths from across the firm’s technical disciplines to achieve constant growth in project type, size, and complexity, and for continued geographic expansion. With SLR at the forefront of climate change and resiliency planning, he seeks to provide clients with sustainable and cost-effective design solutions communities will embrace.
Dr. Krista Barfoot
Infrastructure Sector Lead - Canada
Krista is a contaminated sites specialist with over 25 years of industry experience in project and program management, portfolio and business risk management, business development, and operational leadership. As a Qualified Person for Risk Assessment (QPRA), Krista brings extensive technical expertise in strategic site planning, risk assessment, vapour intrusion assessment, management of excess soil, non-aqueous phase liquid, risk mitigation measures, and emerging contaminants at brownfield and infrastructure sites in Ontario.
Infrastructure Sector Leader - Europe
Alban has 30 years professional experience in the field of commercial, technical and environmental due diligence, across the waste and energy sectors. His specialist areas include; business planning and market analysis, strategy development and policy review strategic plan development, procurement support and operational service reviews. He has worked on transactional due diligence studies for banks; assessing the feasibility of numerous infrastructure assets, biomass and waste to energy schemes, business viability and environmental risk.
Infrastructure Sector Leader - Asia-Pacific
Luke is a highly regarded professional with over 15 years’ experience, specialising in decarbonisation strategies and advisory services for infrastructure resilience. He has delivered projects across environment, aviation, public transport, rail and maritime industries in Australia and the Middle East. Luke works with infrastructure operators, investors, owners and contractors to support them managing their risk in the course of delivering capital and upgrade works.
As a Certified Practising Project Manager, Luke is able to leverage the skills he has developed across the project lifecycle to deliver successful client outcomes. He works with clients to deliver services in the areas of asset management, logistics, business case development, economics, operational readiness, project and programme management.
Infrastructure Sector Leader - Africa
Matthew is the Infrastructure Sector Lead in Africa and has over 14 years’ experience as an Environmental Assessment Practitioner. He is well versed in the permitting and compliance requirements of southern African environmental legislation and has managed assessments and licensing applications, including environmental authorisation, water use, waste management and air quality licenses, for a wide range of projects. His experience spans projects across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas and industrial sectors.
APAC Strategic Growth Lead
Shane has been actively involved in the Built Environment sector for over twenty-five years. He is passionate about urban sustainability and transportation innovation having spent much of his career engaged in undertaking technical assessments for infrastructure and development projects.
Shane is a Chartered Professional Engineer and benefits from a broad understanding of regional and international approaches to built form and transportation derived from project involvement and corporate management roles in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, UAE and USA. He has been responsible for development and management of a number of new consultancy offerings during his career and most recently led the establishment of the Transport Advisory business for SLR in the Asia Pacific region.