Karreebosch WEF - Blade Painting, Northern and Western Cape Province (Ref: 14/12/16/3/3/2/807/AM6)
14 November 2023 | Client: Karreebosch Wind Farm (RF) (Pty) Ltd
SLR Consulting (South Africa) Pty Ltd (SLR) has been appointed by Karreebosch Wind Farm RF (Pty) Ltd (Karreebosch), hereafter referred to as the Applicant, as the independent Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP), to facilitate an application for an amendment of the Karreebosch Wind Energy Facility’s (WEFs) approved Environmental Management
Programme (EMPr), in terms of Regulation 37 of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Regulations, 2014 (as amended) and the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA, Act 107 of 1998).
Karreebosch is located between Matjiesfontein and Sutherland, within the Northern and Western Cape Provinces. The project is also situated within the Komsberg Renewable Energy Development Zone (REDZ) promulgated in GNR 114 of 2018.
Notice is hereby given of Karreebosch Wind Farm (RF) (Pty) Ltd (Karreebosch) intention to submit an application for amendment of their approved Environmental Management Programme (EMPr) in terms of Regulation 37 of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Regulations, 2014 (GN R 982 of 2014) (as amended) promulgated in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (No. 107 of 1998) (NEMA).
Registration to receive information: All stakeholders are invited to register as Interested and Affected Parties (I&AP) and submit any initial comments to SLR by 14 December 2023. All registered I&APs will continue to be given the opportunity to participate and comment on reports for the full duration of the amendment process. A copy of the EMPr Amendment Report and associated appendices can be accessed online and at the Sutherland and Laingsburg Library between 14 November 2023 to 14 December 2023.
By providing your personal information to submit a comment, you will be included in the SLR an Interested and Affected Party (I&AP) database, and you consent to SLR managing your information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. It is assumed that as an I&AP for this Project you authorise SLR to retain and use your Personal Information as part of a contact database for this and/or other Social and Environmental Impact Assessments (ESIA) and that you confirm your acceptance for SLR to contact you regarding this and/or other ESIA processes. SLR will not process your Personal Information, other than as permitted or required by ESIA processes, or as required by law or public policy. SLR will use reasonable, appropriate security safeguards to protect Personal Information, and to reasonably prevent any damage to, loss of, or unauthorised access or disclosure of Personal Information, other than as required for ESIA processes or as required by any Law or public policy. You may request for your Personal Information to be deleted from the I&AP database at any time by contacting SLR.
Environmental Management Programme Amendment: Addendum Report
- Appendix A - Approved EMPr
- Appendix A - Approved EMPr Appendices
- Appendix B - Avifauna Letter
- Appendix B - Avifaunal Specialist Signed Declaration Form
- Appendix C - Visual Impact Assessment
- Appendix C - Visual Specialist Signed Declaration Form
- Appendix D - Social Statement Letter
- Appendix D - Social Specialist Signed Declaration Form
- Appendix E - Cultural Landscape Letter
- Appendix E - Cultural Landscape Specialist Signed Declaration Form
- Appendix F - EAP CV
- Appendix F - Project Team CVs
- Appendix G1 - DFFE Pre-application Meeting Minutes
- Appendix G2 - IAP Database
- Appendix G3 - Media Advert (English)
- Appendix G3 - Media Advert (Afrikaans)
- Appendix G4 - Site Notice (English)
- Appendix G4 - Site Notice (Afrikaans)
- Appendix G5 - IAP Notification Letter (English)
- Appendix G5 - IAP Notification Letter (Afrikaans)