Tahmoor to Picton Shareway
- Client Name
- Wollondilly Shire Council
- Tahmoor Picton, New South Wales, Australia
- Civil & structural engineering
- Environmental management, permitting & compliance
- Landscape architecture
Wollondilly Shire Council wished to provide a safe route between the villages of Tahmoor and Picton to improve pedestrian and cyclist connectivity and encourage active travel. The route will follow the existing alignment of Rememberance Drive and will directly service a number of schools.
The objective was to provide a safe route which minimises impacts on existing services, and without extensive property acquisition. Council required construction ready engineering design documentation, cost estimates for funding applications, and a Review of Environmental Factors.
Our team assisted on the following:
- Delivered civil engineering design of the 2.3km shareway in compliance with road and cycleway design standards, and accommodating Council designs for road upgrades
- Delivered strategic cost estimates and then detailed preconstruction estimates
- Drawings produced included preliminary land acquisition plans
Council subsequently engaged SLR to provide concept landscape plans to beautify the route