Peabody Risk Assessments
- Client Name
- Peabody Energy Australia
- Central Queensland and New South Wales, Australia
- Environmental management, permitting & compliance
Peabody Energy Australia (Peabody) required closure and/or environmental Risks and Opportunities Workshops for the following mine sites:
- North Goonyella
Our team were engaged to assist on the following:
- Facilitation of a mine closure risks and opportunities workshop.
- Facilitation of an environmental risks and opportunities register workshop.
- Report summarising scope, methodology, risk assessment process and key outcomes from the workshop.
- A Closure Risks and Opportunities Register.
- An Environmental Risks and Opportunities Register.
The workshop utilised methodology that met Peabody’s risk management standard and ISO 31000:2009 risk management standard to address risks including, but not limited to, environmental, stakeholder, health and safety, financial and business risks.
The Register generated by this process was used by Peabody to obtain a better understanding of the closure / environmental risk profile for the mines, outline a detailed forward work plan for closure related activities, and assist in prioritising the actions and activities required to be undertaken in preparation for, and during closure or operations.