Oxley Creek Transformation
- Client Name
- Brisbane City Council
- Archerfield, Queensland, Australia
- Transportation engineering
Archerfield Wetlands is a priority project identified in the Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan and is planned to become a major new recreation, education and environmental parkland.
Once an industrial precinct and site for wastewater treatment and disposal, the proposed Stage 1 Archerfield Wetlands will be given back to nature and rehabilitated into an environmental and a recreational destination.
SLR worked with a multi-disciplinary team headed by Urbis and Vokes and Peters in developing the Oxley Creek Transformation Archerfield Stage 1 design. The objectives of SLR’s involvement was to progress a traffic and transport solution that balanced the environmental and sustainability ambitions of the project whilst also ensuring the trafficable arrangements were legible, efficient and safe.
The key outcomes of SLR’s involvement in this project included:
- Road access specification to ensure safe and efficient movement to/from the site
- Internal car parking design and analysis
- Active travel connections and end-of-trip facility.