Gore Hill Business Park - Green Star Assessment and Action List
- Client Name
- FDC Construction & Fitout
- New South Wales, Australia
- CFD, wind & energy
The 4.56 hectare Gore Hill business park site will feature combinations of iconic office space, premium showrooms, a precinct of ancillary retail use and hi-tech industrial space. The recently completed project relating to Building C is located on the south corner of the Gore Hill Business park and features office spaces (Class 5 Building).
SLR were engaged to provide a suite of environmental specialist building services for the project from the early concept design stage all the way through to post-completion.
Our project team assisted on the following:
- Conducting a quantitative Green Star Assessment of the proposed Building
- Issuing Green Star Action lists to the design teams
- Consulted and coordinated the Green Star requirements with the consultant team throughout the design and documentation period in order to achieve a 5 Green Star rating
- Conducted workshops with the design team
Green Star Coordination with the Green Building Council of Australia and Green Star Certification
- Advised of any additional detailed design measures such as stormwater or rainwater harvesting, mechanical services alternatives, efficient fittings or materials that needed to be incorporated to achieve the Green Star requirements
- Provided an inventory of all determined design and management initiatives under Green Star for cost assessment by the project Quantity Surveyor
- Collated and prepared documentations necessary for Green Star certification;
- Point of contact between Green Building Council of Australia and the project; and
- Documents submission for Green Star certification.
Planning and design have created one of the most economic and sustainable workplaces in the North Shore which achieved a 5 out of 5-Star Australian Building Greenhouse Rating performance and 5-star Green Star rating.