Goonyella Riverside Coal Mine construction record report and design record report
- Client Name
- Goonyella Riverside Coal Mine
- Central Queensland, Australia
- Civil & structural engineering
- Mine waste engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
The client were required to demonstrate conformance with Global Industry Tailings Standard on Tailing Management (GISTM) by producing a Design Record Report and Construction Record Report for each facility. The reports provided, record and base documentation of the tailing storage facilities within the Goonyella Riverside Coal Mine for future dam modifications.
To aid in GISTM conformance, the objective of the project was to provide the client with a set of single live documents in relation to the construction and design of tailing storage facilities, which can be revised at the onset of significant changes to the facilities or as additional information becomes available.
SLR were engaged to produce a Design Record Report, providing an overview of the facility’s historic designs in terms of risk, setting, design, construction, operation and closure. In addition, our team also produced a Construction Record Report, outlining the facility’s cumulative construction over time for tailing storage facilities at the Goonyella Riverside Coal Mine.
- Design Record Report of two tailing storage facilities
- Construction record reports for two tailing storage facilities
Key areas of review and incorporation included:
- Characterisation of materials within the facility and tailing dams
- Geotechnical and geological modelling
- Dam consequence category
- Risk Summary and Failure
- Mode Analysis
- Site and instrument inspections and monitoring
- Tailings and water management; decant/water return, spillway details and water balance flow diagram
- Hydrological assessments
- Closure plan information