Dockside Park shoreline stabilisation
- Client Name
- New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission
- New York, USA
- Climate resilience planning & design
SLR was a significant partner in designing a sustainable shoreline demonstration project along the Hudson River in Cold Spring, New York for the New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission.
The purpose of the project was to design a stabilised, sustainable Hudson River shoreline at Dockside Park. The goal of the project was to develop plans for engineering and enhancing the existing shoreline to provide ecological, recreational, and floodplain functions with design elements that allow for continued functionality as sea level rises while accommodating increased frequency and intensity of wave action, velocity, and inundation.
The design incorporated the use of multiple green shoreline stabilisation techniques including a combination of biotechnical and bioengineering elements.
- Community outreach & engagement
- Development of resilience design criteria
- Wetland delineation
- Invasive species assessment
- Submerged aquatic vegetation assessment
- Alternatives analysis
- Review of sea level rise projections
- Conceptual designs
- Preliminary design
- Water Resources Engineering
- Shoreline Stabilization
- Tidal & Sea Level Rise Analysis
- Landscape Architecture
- Hydrologic & Ecological Assessment
- Public Outreach