Discovery Point Precinct Environmental Wind Mitigation
- Client Name
- Probuild Pty Ltd
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- CFD, wind & energy
Our team has been working on the Discovery Point Precinct since 2011. The precinct is a large multi building development around Wolli Creek Train Station. It is mostly a residential development with the Marq consisting of three buildings to the north east of the station.
The stage 11-13 project consists of a 4 level podium with car parking, apartment, pool and a gym. Buildings 11 and 12 have 11 levels above the podium whilst building 13 has 23 floors.
Our team provided the following services:
- Wind tunnel testing to quantify extent of wind “hot spots” around relevant sections of the proposed development whilst demonstrating compliance with Development Application conditions.
- Conducting detailed Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling to predict local wind conditions at all areas of interest including balconies and other problem areas with elevated winds.
- Optimise wind mitigation recommendations.
- Provide façade pressure calculations.
SLR provided mitigation recommendations to enable the design to meet requirements associated with wind. Our team also assisted with fine tuning cladding designs, resulting in cost saving measurements on cladding and building facade.