Columbia Precinct Urban Regeneration
- Client Name
- PD Mayoh Architects
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- CFD, wind & energy
Columbia Precinct is a major urban regeneration proposal, consisting of seven residential towers and one commercial tower. The precinct is situated partly on land which is reclaimed or contaminated, and is surrounded by major transport routes, such as road and rail, with associated environmental issues.
Solutions to address the environmental factors impacting the site was required along with reports covering a wide range of environmental impacts to satisfy Council requirements.
As the lead Environmental and Sustainability Consultant, our team provided services for:
- Environmental Sustainable Design, Energy, Greenhouse Gas, Emissions
- Renewables: Photovoltaics Solar & Trigen
- Infrastructure Access
- Transport Advisory, Bike Paths
- Ecology & Vegetation
- Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Site Layout & Solar Access
- Acoustic Amenity & Air Quality
- Cross-Ventilation Studies
- Indoor Environment Quality
- Sustainable Material Use
- Waste Strategy, Waste-to-Energy
- Both passive and active energy savings options were incorporated into the design to maximise natural ventilation and natural light.
- Innovative options were developed by SLR, enabling cost-effective water saving, power saving and waste management commitments to be made.
- Increased public spaces and deep landscaping to increase the ecological value of the site were features of the proposal.
- SLR’s Integrated Water Management Strategy delivered improvements to the local catchment and Powell’s Creek.