BrisWest - Swanbank environmental due diligence
- Client Name
- Goldman Sachs
- Queensland, Australia
- Safety advisory
- Land quality & remediation
- Geotechnical engineering
- Transaction due diligence
The site, located on a former coal mine site contained abandoned tunnels with known contaminated land issues.
SLR were commissioned to undertake environmental due diligence for a future purchase of land proposed for industrial development. Environmental services undertaken included:
- Contaminated Land (surface & subsurface materials, ground & surface water, spontaneous combustion coal material, and capping mitigation)
- Geotechnical (former coal mine grout filling review, and shallow surface geotechnical review)
- Biodiversity (fauna and flora, biodiversity overlays, and approval mapping)
- Planning (environmental approvals and mapping)
- Cultural Heritage (desktop review)
- Health, Safety, Environment (reviews of Construction Environmental Management Plan & Work, and Health & Safety legislation advice)
- Due diligence coordination
- Highlight risks for the purchasing client
- Review the technical mitigation measures proposed by third party consultants
- Formulate a final risk profile for the site for the client to base their investment options on.
Within a tight time frame, the team provided the client with two reports outlining the initial and residual risks for the site, used to inform the investment decision for site purchase. Through a series of weekly meetings, SLR communicated the risks and proposed mitigation measures, ensuring the client understood the time, cost and reputational risk of the project.