Westfield Eastgardens Shopping Centre Transport Modelling
Sydney, New South Wales
Westfield Eastgardens Shopping Centre is regarded as one of Sydney’s ‘strategic centres’, with a trade area that has a strong forecast population growth and investment in infrastructure including increased public transport.
SLR was commissioned to undertake transport modelling in relation to the proposed expansion of Westfield Eastgardens. SLR documented the modelling and evaluation of traffic impacts, and possible road network addition, a number of key car parking areas were closed to facilitate construction works.
The AIMSUN modelling also incorporated incremental traffic demands and external road works associated with the Meriton Pagewood development. As well as, modelling and evaluation of traffic impacts, and possible road network.
SLR undertook the following works:
- Miro-simulation models using the AIMSUN software package
- Development of traffic generation and trip assignment
- Comprehensive model and calibration reporting
- Comparison of network and intersection traffic operations
- Comprehensive model build, evaluation and findings reporting including the identification of external road network capacity upgrades, and mitigation works
- Future development scenarios with capacity upgrade concept drawings