Burdekin Falls Dam Project Lead Environmental Impact Statement
210km southeast of Townsville
Sunwater, the owner and operator of the Burdekin Falls Dam, concluded through a Preliminary Business Case that the current water supply capacity will not meet future water demands and is investigating the potential raising of the dam by at least 2 m and possibly up to 6 m.
In September 2019, the Queensland Government approved the development of a Detailed Business Case including completion of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Burdekin Falls Dam Raising project (the Project).
SLR will on behalf of and in collaboration with Sunwater prepare an EIS for the Burdekin Falls Dam Raising Project. This includes (but is not limited to):
• liaison with regulatory agencies and collaboration with BQ to complete the DBC
• completion of required technical studies, and reports
• preparation of the EIS for release for public comment
• responding to stakeholder, government and Sunwater enquiries as directed
• finalise conditions of approval
• undertake a Social Impact Evaluation
• development and implementation of project management plan
The SLR GIS Team will provide spatial data management across the multiple technical disciplines and coordinate spatial outputs for the project stakeholders. This will include providing a web map to display all relevant datasets required for each discipline and for Sunwater to view and interrogate the data across the project site. The GIS team will assist in the collation and collection of data including mobile data collection apps for field works. Preparation of high-quality mapping and visualisations will be provided throughout the project.