BrisWest - Swanbank - Environmental Due Diligence
SLR were commissioned to undertake environmental due diligence for a future purchase of land proposed for industrial development. The site, located on a former coal mine site contained abandoned tunnels with known contaminated land issues.
Environmental services undertaken included:
• Contaminated Land (surface & subsurface materials, ground and surface water, spontaneous combustion coal material, capping mitigation).
• Geotechnical (former coal mine grout filling review, shallow surface geotechnical review).
• Biodiversity (fauna and flora, biodiversity overlays, approval mapping).
• Planning (environmental approvals and mapping).
• Cultural Heritage (desk top review).
• Health, Safety, Environment (reviews of Construction Environmental Management Plan & Work, Health and Safety legislation advice).
• Due diligence coordination.
• Highlight risks for the purchasing client.
• Review the technical mitigation measures proposed by third party consultants.
• Formulate a final risk profile for the site for the client to base their investment options on.
Within a tight time frame, the team provided the client with two reports outlining the initial and residual risks for the site, used to inform the investment decision for site purchase. Through a series of weekly meetings, SLR communicated the risks and proposed mitigation measures, ensuring the client understood the time, cost and reputational risk of the project.