Energy ProjectsHuman Health and Ecological Risk Assessments, RCRA OrderRetail Petroleum Program ManagementClimate Change Technical AssistanceMore...
SLR Consulting is at the forefront of providing a wide range of technical and professional services to the energy sector around the world. This includes regulators, producers, generators and users. These services range from high level strategic and economic assessments through to detailed planning and development as well as energy management.
Our expertise and capabilities extend across the full range of energy sources and technologies. In hydrocarbons we support the upstream oil and gas sector both on and off shore, and are involved in a range of emerging sources including oil sands, shale gas, hydrates and coal-bed methane.
In the renewable and low carbon energy sector SLR has broad experience across a range of technologies including, on and offshore wind, hydroelectricity, PV (solar), biofuels, biomass, ground source, geothermal, energy from waste and nuclear.
We also help energy generators to develop and manage their generation and distribution infrastructure and have unique experience and expertise in carbon capture and storage.
Oil & Gas
SLR has a long track record in supporting the oil and gas industry in the development of new assets (including upstream, midstream and retail) and minimising environmental risk from existing assets, Services offered include:
- due diligence and the provision of services associated with divestiture or acquisition of portfolios;
- the preparation of environmental impact assessments and the provision of all of the necessary planning support;
- oil spill contingency planning, training and management of spill response;
- operations permitting and compliance;
- environmental monitoring and reporting
- geotechnical assessments and the management of any necessary site investigations;
- contamination assessment and remediation;
Increasingly, SLR is also being asked to support clients with the new permitting and environmental challenges associated with unconventional sources of oil and gas including oil sands, shale gas, hydrites and coal bed methane. Many of these assets lie in areas where there is no history of oil and gas exploitation, making permitting and environmental management both difficult and complex.
Renewable Energy & Power Generation
SLR has experience of all of the major renewable technologies as well as conventional power generation and the associated transmission and distribution infrastructure. In addition to the range of services offered we also provide:
- feasibility assessments, option appraisals and site selection;
- civil and structural engineering outline and detailed design;
- process engineering including considerable expertise in waste technologies and thermal processes;
- project management and construction supervision services.
We can also provide services relating to facility closure and restoration, with our staff able to provide cost effective solutions that both reduce cost and protect the environment.
Energy and Carbon Management
Effective energy and carbon management can be associated with considerable cost savings for both public and private sector clients. It could also facilitate compliance with new legislation as well as having beneficial effects relating to corporate and social responsibility issues. We also advise governments on energy strategy and regulation.
We provide a variety of services relating to energy and carbon management. Such services include:
- development of energy and carbon management strategies;
- energy efficiency and carbon audits of business operations and activities;
- energy monitoring, targeting and climate change adaptation strategies;
- assessment of opportunities for energy conservation, emission abatement and the management of the carbon footprint;
- feasibility assessments for on-site energy generation from renewable sources, such as wind, solar, photo-voltaics (PV), geothermal, hydro and energy crops/biomass, or energy from wastes;
- specification, tender preparation and the project management of energy schemes; and
- training and awareness.
In addition, SLR is able to provide all of the support necessary for any permitting issues relating to energy and energy generation and transmission. As set out above, SLR provides planning and development services should on-site energy generation be a feasible option.